Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 2 continued

We got home from the vet and everyone was in a zombie-like state. I can't remember what dinner was but it was nutrionally lacking I'm sure. Cereal or something.

Delanie didn't want anything. Her stomach was hurting. I chalked it up to the emotional trauma she had just experienced. We just sat on the couch mindlessly watching SpongeBob. At least there was something normal going on.

Dawson was very upset. He was on our bed face down as Shanna made a few calls to share the news. He definitely took it the hardest. He finally sacked out on his temporary bed (the futon) clinging to Casey's collar.

Delanie managed to pick at some cereal and then we made her bed on the couch. Soon after she was throwing up. I wish it had been nerves but it wasn't. She had the stomach bug. We got her back on the couch with the trashcan beside her. Once she was settled I got into bed and knew nothing else. Fortunately Shanna was there because Delanie ended being up most of the night. Not much sleep for the girls.

With Delanie's first episode Shanna and I looked at each other and no words were necessary. It was perfect non verbal communication.

"What else....?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! No wonder you're on a countdown. We'll be praying for all of you....for health and peace and NOTHING ELSE to happen! Love ya'll.

Deanna said...

You are really NOT having a good year so far! I hope things start to improve - quickly!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this on the morning of the 13th - your birthday! A day to celebrate and hope and pray for a good day for all of you. We love you.