Sunday, April 25, 2010

Overdue?

Yes, a post is overdue. Waaaay overdue. But before you criticize me too harshly I would like to remind you....



4 kids.



That's right - FOUR. So before I get any criticism about the amount of time between posts I'd just like to ask...



"How many kids between the ages of 5 and 14 are currently living under your roof?"



With the exception of one or two families from Legacy, I can think of no one who comes close. Yes there are those of you with three. Multiple your current level of commitment and lack of sleep by at least 25% and give me a call. I'd love nothing more than to be able to find the time to post more.



So, I'll try to post more if you'll read.

I.E. - It's 1am on Sunday morning - need I say more?



There has been a whole host of subjects that I could have written about here. I have to admit that facebook has become a predominant forum. But I know not everyone is a facebook junkie. Namely, at least two people who may occasionally check this blog for an update. So this is for you - as well as anyone else who happens across this blog while searching for David Byrne from the Talking Heads.



I just read a Yahoo headline - "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Irrelevant 2010!"



It talked about Tim Toone from Weber State - the 255th (and final) pick of this year's NFL draft. He's 5'10" and 185 pounds. His chances of making it in the NFL are probably not much greater than mine or Allan Stanglin's.



Ok - there's probably much greater chance than me or Staglin but basically no one considers him a legitimate NFL contender, other than his mom who is undoubtedly convinced that his contributions will help take a team to the Superbowl.



Odds are - he won't. My apologies to his mom. From the standpoint of the NFL he's irrelevant.



Really? Irrelevant? I think not.



I don't have what it takes to make it in the NFL. Stanglin doesn't either. Actually, no one that I know first hand will make it in the NFL. But does that make any of us irrelevant? Perhaps to ESPN or the world of professional sports but let's put at least a light tap on the brake.

There is at least one person who does not see me as irrelevant. Fortunately, for you, me, and everyone else it's the same person who created the universe.



That's right - the entire universe. Everything that we claim to have knowledge of and a whole host of things that we'll likely never know



E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G



You can't go any higher. You can't talk to any supervisor with higher rank. The all powerful, all knowing, all loving God of the universe sees us as his child.

Please, if necessary, tap the brakes again. Did you catch that?

"AS HIS CHILD."

Irrelevant is not a word that God would use to describe me. Irrelevant as not a word that God would use to describe you. He wouldn't use it to describe Tim Toone if he was the first pick in the NFL draft or the 255th. We are ALL his children and irrelevant is not part of his vocabulary.

We're all relevant to Him and we all have a very relevant eternity in his kingdom. Fortunately for us irrelevant will never be a word that the God of the universe uses to describe us.l

3 comments:

Susan Crawford said...

I follow you on facebook AND this blog. And I will never ever judge you on how often you post. Cuz that's the kind of stalker, er I mean friend I am. :)

Brett said...

Four kids...moved to Africa...and I post more often than you. I'm just saying...haha.

Nice to hear from you though. Enjoy knowing what you're thinking!

Skelty said...

The past few weeks had me thinking Lebron created the universe. Thanks for clearing that up!