Sunday, June 1, 2008

Halie's Wedding

We traveled to Quartz Mountain Resort this weekend for the wedding of our niece, Halie Swan (now Halie Thompson). Naturally the entire event was beautiful with pretty much everyone in the family, the whole family, having some part. Dawson led Dakota down the aisle on a miniature horse. Yes, you read that correctly - a horse.

Once the horse riding ring bearer (Dakota) and the horse leader (Dawson) are set, Dillon leads the horse off stage left. Now everyone is in place. In the video you will see Delanie - the flower girl on the left. You'll also see Dakota - the short one in front, and Dawson.




Dillon had a little lower profile role as far as the actual ceremony went. Now he was a tremendous usher. Of course the whole wedding thing is really an auto-pilot performance for him now. This was his ninth wedding to be in. With the exception of singing, performing the ceremony and actually being the one geting married, I don't think there's much he hasn't done.

After getting everyone seated he becomes the horse whisperer. He does an excellent job of keeping 'Scooter' happy and occupied during the ceremony. Then he leads him to the front so Dawson and Dakota can exit the same way they came in.




What happened after I really can't explain. I actually caught as much as I could on video just so I would believe it actually happened. Dillon, who had played a pretty low-key role during the wedding, decides it's time to take center stage during the reception. So that's exactly what he does.


More pictures to come as I'm able to go through them. I just promised Dillon I'd get him on the web ASAP in case Dancing with the Stars is looking.

By the way, Toby Keith was there too. Ok, he was actually there on vacation but Shanna fought past her normally shy nature and got him to pose for a few shots.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of the whole wedding, but especially the ones of Dakota on the horse!

And even though Dillon's not my child, I think he got his sweet moves from me. :)

Love ya'll.

Jenn said...

I LOVE the pictures!! So glad that ya'll had a great time at the wedding!!! Tell Dillon that he must get his moves from his mama!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I think Dillon got his moves from his hot Nanny!

perle77 said...

Hello David-Shanna-Dillon-Dawson-Delanie and Dakota!

Thanks for your Christmas wishing!!!! I am very happy to know about you and your Family.I have lost your Letter Address and this blog was the last chance to find you and send you my wishes to You!!!!

My e-mail is perle77@hotmail.com

If you can write me-your Address or e-mail Address ,than I can write you and send you Photos about us.

With Love, Gyöngyvér from Budapest-Hungary

Lovely Pictures!!!!!