Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ten Things Wednesday

Ok, it's supposed to be Ten Things Tuesday but I forgot to do this yesterday. Mrs. Brownstone guilted me into doing this as apparantly the only other man participating is Skelty. However, I signed up to do this last Wednesday and I just couldn't make myself do 'Ten Things Tuesday' on a Wednesday. While mowing the yard yesterday I remember it was Tuesday and I needed to get this done. But after finishing the yard, planting a new flowerbed, watching American Idol and getting everyone settled in bed I forgot. So here I am, posting Ten Things Tuesday on Wednesday anyway.

Ten Things I'm Thankful For:

1. Shanna. She is a wonderful wife, mother, friend and servant. Convincing her to marry me was without a doubt the best thing I ever did. To say I married out of my league would be a tremendous understatement.

2. Salvation. Like Shanna, God always forgives me when I screw up and he'd be the first to tell you that is more than a few times a day. Shanna could vouch for this but usually she won't.

3. Family. I've been blessed with 4 wonderful kids, great parents, a fabulous extended family and great in-laws.

4. The ability to do yard work. Let me clarify. I don't particularly like mowing the grass. If the city would let me I'd consider having the entire yard paved. But they won't so I'll get out and push the mower every week (or so) until November and be thankful that I'm physically able to do it.

5. Friends. We've got the kind of friends that people dream about. You know, those friends who will come over in the middle of the night if you need them to.

6. Dawson's feeling better. Until this morning, he was running a fever that would hit 104. Last week our dentist Dr. Jay (ok Dr. Corley but he's Shanna's cousin and I can get away with calling him Dr. Jay) discovered that Dawson has a tooth with an abcess. It needs to be pulled to make way for the new ones but he wanted to clear up the infection first. We couldn't get his fever to break and were concerned that the tooth was the cause. The pediatrician really felt like it was just a virus that needed to run its course. Turns out it was. He's feeling better today.

7. Ron and Su's new grandbaby. Our friends from Oklahoma City recently took guardianship of a young girl they met through their inner city mission. It's not their biological grandbaby (they're in their 30s) but I know it will be loved and spoiled as if it were.

8. Church. These are very times exciting at Legacy and I feel blessed to be a part of everything that's going on there.

9. Spring. I like the warmer weather. It may be a sign that I'm getting older but I'm going to deny that for now. Winter is ok in Texas but after living in Colorado winters here can be a little boring. I'm ready for pool/beach/lake weather. I'm ready for everything to green up and start blooming - even if it means yardwork.

10. Shanna. Definitely worth mentioning again.

I'll try to remember this again next Tuesday. Let's all remember to count our blessings everyday.

2 comments:

Skelty said...

If you ever want to feel more thankful for the ability to do yard work, let me know. I have an entire yard waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

You do so much for so many EVERY day. Don't worry about not doing everything. No one is perfect! Give yourself a break. We love you as you are!