Monday, April 21, 2008

Yetis rejoice?

Yesterday, Allan finished up his series on Habakuk. Despite significant trials in his future, Habakuk declares his faith in the Lord:

“Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.”


Shanna and I were on our way back to Fort Worth Sunday morning. We had traveled to Vernon for our niece's wedding shower Saturday night. So we missed the sermon, which I know was great. I wasn't able to get the full details but Allan had requested everyone to bring their cell phones to service yesterday. I know, strange, but you have to know Allan. Anyway, he had those with phones send the scripture to someone. Shanna received it twice. Once from Mrs. Brownstone and once from Jennifer Green. The one from Mrs. Brownstone came through as it was written in Habakuk. However, the message from Jennifer had a strange twist. See, she lived in Alaska for a time while her husband was working the oilfields there. I'm assuming, based on her message, that she was able to see the abominable snowman while there. I had always assumed they were just legend but according to her they exist and they share our faith. Here was the message from her:


"Yeti will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior."


It makes me wonder if these creatures are real and if she attended church with one/some of them in Alaska.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh, you are so very funny....I'm not the best texter as you could tell from the message...and that one took me 5 minutes and then when I tried to fix it it tried to delete it! I'm not very good with texting, but I sure can talk on the cell phone!!
I got ya'll's reply in church but I wasn't sure that Allan wanted us to reply to them right then!!